Wednesday, January 5, 2011

TO: A LOVED ONE, SNOWEEY BOY!

Happy New Year!! to everyone and anyone who has been tuning into this dull blog and my hope for this year would be to make my blog as interesting as possible, obviously not distracting myself from the main theme, which is about ART! Its not going to be easy, I am confident I will get there. And lets hope this year would not be such a tough year!! Yes i am being optimistic, knowing that dreaded semester 2 exams,tests,assignments and presentations would be starting on the 10th of January, followed by a crucial semester 3, I guess there is no harm in being optimistic! And that is my new years resolution, Be more OPTIMISTIC! I hope it would do me some good!

My topic today would be a little personal, as it is something very close to me, and will always be. You must be baffled reading the title above, Snoweey was non other than my beloved, rambunctious,loving and smart dog.It was a mongrel, and boy he looked handsome! Its white from above his pitch-black nose, straight down to his tail but was the tip was finished by a brilliant golden brown and also the tip of his ears! The apple of our eyes! The most spoiled and attention seeking creature. I can never forget how he use to whine and cry whenever we remained ignorant to his barking and how his tail which curved so perfectly, loses its shapes as soon as it is wagged uncontrollably seeing us. His deep growl and bark, made people fear him, and when his paws stamps on your feet, there would be a mark for sure. Just writing about him, swells my heart. He looked more like a Labrador retriever rather than a mongrel, my uncle gave him to us, I was about 10 years old when Snoweey came into our life.I still vividly remember the day, when death claimed him. It was 3 years ago, 24th Oct 2008. I remember it so well, as I could never forget the day, I had an end-term test to sit for, and heavy heartedly left for school. Snoweey was suffering from kidney stones. The doctor said that nothing could be done about it, if they had operated him, he also would never make it and might die during the operation, So we took him home, and the only thing i was able to do was to cry. Death is horrifying,whether its someone you know, or you don't, to an animal, or any living being of that sort, its just so scary to see it claim its slave. I mustered all the courage in me, to answer my modern maths paper and not end up crying. It was hard to see our Snoweey suffer in pain, and we had decided to end it, by euthanizing him. We kept him as long as we could, but he didn't eat neither did he even have the strength to get up. He looked like a pile of bones and it was very painful and stung us deep down inside. I envied my younger brother, as he had the chance to lay his bonny head on his lap and caress his skeleton body. My brother said he felt a certain wind pass by him, and tingled the wind chimes as soon as Snoweey let out his last breath. I came home to an empty house, visions of Snoweey barking and welcoming me at home, made me cry uncontrollably. He was 5 years dog age, when he left us, 35 years old human age. i miss him so VERY much! Looking at his pictures, just makes me happy that he has gone to a better place, where there is no pain and suffering, after all that he has done for us.
i found a picture that looked just like Snoweey from the net, I cant upload any of his pictures as they are all in an album and i require a scanner, which i don't have currently. This picture very much looks like him.
P.S: I MISS YOU BOY!!
With Lots of Love : Kareshma






No comments:

Post a Comment